Friday, April 20, 2012

Brewers Fan Sets Sights on 162 Games

By Matt Lindner
Special to ESPN.com


Ben Rouse has a new lease on life, and he's enjoying it by soaking up as much baseball as possible.

After beating leukemia for a second time with the help of a double umbilical cord stem cell transplant in 2009, 25-year-old Brewers fan Ben Rouse decided life is too short to spend it working.

So he did what countless working stiffs spend their days dreaming of doing -- he saved up a couple of paychecks and quit his job as an analyst at Tetra Tech, consulting and engineering. Then he decided to go to a ballgame.

One hundred sixty-two of them to be exact.

"I started seeing money show up in my [checking] account and I'm like, 'If I start saving, I might be able to do it next year,'" Rouse said.

The reaction he got from his boss, Tetra Tech vice president Bonnie Brandreth, wasn’t exactly what he was expecting when he gave her his notice.

FULL ARTICLE